Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Aioli Mustard Review - Trader Joe's Aioli Garlic Mustard

Now here is a interesting specimen of the condiment jungle - an aioli mustard. Aioli is a condiment siring from the Provence region of southern France, made from a combination of olive oil, garlic and egg yolk with some lemon juice thrown in. This specific medley of aioli and mustard is quite the delicious condiment, if I do say so myself. It's not quite as much of a go-to mustard as others, but if a particular food does well with a garlicky flavor, it's definitely a good choice.

I've never actually had just plain old aioli by itself, but I've heard it is very much like mayonnaise, which is by no means a bad thing. Mayonnaise may be inferior to mustard, but it can still be delicious; and it isn't a stretch at all to say aioli is delicious. At least, with mustard, because I haven't had it and all... you get it.

This is a great baseline mustard for the aioli mustard world. It's nice and garlicky, has a good consistency, and a good colour to boot. I use it most during dinner with whatever I'm having; basically everything I eat already has garlic in it, so this does very nicely.

The jar itself is a little on the boring side. No interesting curves, the cap is just your normal screw-on, and so on. But the mustard itself is of very high quality, and is one you should never miss in your travels in the condiment jungle.

WALROR EDIT: this doesn't have a rating and I dunno if it should be 8 or 9, but I'm gonna go with 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentin', are ya? Very good. Get to it.