Sunday, January 12, 2014

Deli Mustard Review - Grey Poupon Horseradish Deli Mustard

Oh, deli mustards. How I love them. When you need a flavor to liven up your otherwise dull entrée, a fine deli mustard like this Grey Poupon has you covered. This specific specimen of deli mustard, otherwise known as spicy brown mustard, is a fine addition to any burger, sandwich, or other food. The squeeze bottle doesn't prove to be much of a problem, if you're careful of the destructive effects of having a desolate wasteland of a cap.

Grey Poupon is always a good baseline for mustards in general, but it seems to me that they always run a little on the weak side. For instance, last night I had a burger with this stuff slathered all over it, and it just wasn't very strong. (Granted, it was a burger, which are famously good at negating condiment flavors, but still.) Despite this, the mustard is still well balanced with a good base texture and flavor and some spice from horseradish.

In case you don't know what a horseradish root looks like, I've stuck a photo to the left. You're welcome.

When I think of a horseradish mustard, I think of Boar's Head. Now there's some flavor. I'll have to do a review sometime...





WALROR EDIT: I think this is a 7, so I'll stick that in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentin', are ya? Very good. Get to it.