Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stone Ground Mustard Review - Bookbinder's Whole Grain Mustard

Okay so I guess we're doing this again so get hyped for some better-than-Pox's-reviews!

I decided to eat a sandwich on Sunday, so I figured I'd go a little wild on the mustard.

Well, it's actually a fairly normal stone ground mustard. Bookbinder's Whole Grain Mustard is a pretty run of the mill mustard. It didn't have any particular smell or outstanding taste. I actually had two of these in the fridge but one of them expired March 2013, so I decided not to eat that one. Now that I think about it, that's kinda gross.

Anyways you can probably find this stuff at your local supermarket because it was in a plastic bottle and not all fancy like Pox's stuff. When I opened it, it had a hole for the mustard to come out of rather than a open top, therefore avoiding gross crusty stuff. That being said, it was kind of hard to squeeze it out, Not like, I was exhausted by it, but more of a, "this is mustard not a strong person competition." The consistency of the mustard was nice, it wasn't oily or hard or weird.

Now to taste. It wasn't very strong. It was saying, "I'm here, eat me," but it wasn't grabbing my tongue and yelling, "Feast on my soul, human." You could only really taste it if you singled it out from the sandwich. Even then it wasn't very strong. And I'm not going to stick it on my finger and lick it. I think Pox does that. He's kinda weird.

So, overall, I'd give this persuasion of Bookbinder's mustard a solid 5 stone ground mustard seeds out of 10. Nothing special, nothing awful.

1 comment:

Commentin', are ya? Very good. Get to it.